A very moist gluten free triple chocolate bundt cake made with almond flour and coconut flour. With frosting, this recipe under 350 calories and only 5 net carbs per thick slice.
Moist Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Chocolate is one of those sweets I’ll never cut out of my diet. What’s great is that you can still enjoy chocolate on a low carb and low sugar diet. Just use 70-100% dark chocolate or a sugar free alternative.
When I started working on this triple chocolate bundt cake recipe, I knew I wanted it rich in chocolate flavor. So to get to that rich chocolate flavor, I used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa baking powder, some baking chocolate, and Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.
Ideally, I would have loved to have used stevia sweetened chocolate chips. But I did not have any on hand, and Hershey’s is just as good. I sometimes have issues with sugar alcohols, so I do try to limit sweets with them in it.
To get started, I mirrored my sugar free pound cake recipe. But instead of increasing the almond flour, I kept this recipe as a 1:1 base with the coconut flour. So, there is a little room to add more almond flour if I wanted to play with this recipe in the future.
Just like my pound cake recipe, I decided to add in a package of cream cheese. The addition in the pound cake left a moist and dense texture. I was hoping using cream cheese in this recipe would help do the same.
But I knew it wouldn’t come out just like pound cake. And that’s because of the change in the amount of flour I used. The texture is more of a cross between a cake and a pound cake.
So either way, I am really happy with the outcome. To bump up the chocolate flavor, I added a small amount of ground cinnamon and cappuccino extract. The extract is available in the Treatology extract 3-pack that also includes the brown butter I used in my pound cake recipe.
In the future, I’d like to add either rum or even some cocoa butter to the recipe. I’m wondering how the flavor or density would change with the addition of the two. Something to think about working on this upcoming holiday season!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 eggs, large
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup Hershey's dark cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cup Swerve sweetener (or other granulated sweetener)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 square baking chocolate (I used Hershey's Baking Bar)
- 1 tsp creamy cappuccino extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered Swerve sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 deg F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, melted baking chocolate, and melted butter until smooth.
- When smoothed, add in the eggs, almond milk, creamy cappuccino extract and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In another bowl, add the dry ingredients of coconut flour, almond flour, dark cocoa powder, Swerve sweetener, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl and mix on low until well blended.
- Using a bundt cake pan, butter or spray the inside and add in the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30-50 minutes while checking to ensure the middle is fully baked with a toothpick.
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate chips on the stove with vanilla extract.
- Whip together the butter, heavy whipping cream and powdered Swerve sweetener until a little thicker than liquid.
- Add in the melted chocolate chips and place in a fridge for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Slowly add on the chocolate frosting in a zig zag motion until you've used up the frosting.