I’m Lisa, and I’m the girl behind the blog. I’ve been struggling to keep my weight down for the last five years after I gained a lot of weight due to work related stress and my first time taking the birth control shot. A terrible combination. You can read more about me and why I started this blog here.
From past experience of all the latest studies and health books I had been reading, I knew that watching my sugar intake was where I needed to start. To most people, that might mean just switching from sugar to sugar free products, but it actually is a lot more than you think.
When you watch your sugar intake you also need to be aware of things that spike your insulin; wheat, caffeine, bread, pastas, dairy products, etc. That’s why many of my recipes are not only sugar free but are low carb; to avoid the insulin spike from foods. You can still enjoy the same foods you had before, with some modifications.
In the future, I’ll be posting some articles here you from my blog. But for now, you can read some of these awesome books or Kindle versions to learn the science behind the way I eat, as well as some awesome recipe books.
- Sugar Free: The Complete Guide to Quit Sugar & Lose Weight Naturally
- Sugar Free: 8 weeks to Freedom from Sugar and Carb Addiction
- I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
- Sugar-free Mom: Naturally Sweet and Sugar-free Recipes for the Whole Family
Low Carb Books
- George Stella’s Livin’ Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style
- New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living
- Good Calories, Bad Calories
Sugar-Free Sweeteners I Use
- SweetLeaf Stevia (for my coffee, and sometimes baking)
- SweetLeaf Stevia flavored drops
- Swerve sweetener (great for baking)
- Stevia & Erythritol
Natural Sweeteners (I use these in moderation in recipes)
- FatHead (not only educational, but funny too!)
- Sugar: The Bitter Truth